Home remedy for UTI (urinary tract infection)
|Photo Credit: freepik|
If you need to urinate regularly and have pain or burning while urinating, it is a sign that you have a urinary tract infection. It is commonly known as UTI. Today we will discuss about some such home remedies which reduce the symptoms of UTI infection.
What is UTI?
- UTI is an infection that can affect any part of the urinary tract.
- UTI affects the kidneys
- UTI affects the ureters
- UTI affects the bladder
- UTI affects the urethra so UTI treatment is essential for a healthy urinary tract
What are the causes of UTI?
Bacteria are the most common cause of UTI. The fungus can rarely infect the urinary tract. But 80 to 90 percent of the factor is bacteria.
What are the symptoms of UTI?
- Burning in the urethra while urinating.
- Abdominal cramps.
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Continues to pass urine in small amounts.
- The urine will be cloudy
- Pelvic pain
- Urine smell
Prevention of UTI infection:
This will help prevent the recurrence of this infection. First and foremost thing is that you should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. Water helps dissolve urine and flush out bacteria from the body. Certain drinks like alcohol, coffee and soft drinks can irritate your bladder. Because of this, you may feel like urinating continuously. That's why our advice is to avoid such drinks.
Next tip, you can drink cranberry juice. Ranberry juice prevents bacteria from sticking to your urinary tract. This way you can reduce your risk of infection. Keep in mind that raspberry juice cannot cure the infection. It can be taken along with medicines prescribed by the doctor.
Strengthen the immune system:
It is important to strengthen your immune system to prevent recurrence of UTIs. For this you can use vitamin C or probiotics.
- Now let's talk about some hygiene tips:-
- Keep the part clean and dry.
- Wipe from front to back while wiping.
- There is no need to use scented washers or soaps for this purpose.
- You can use water.
- Also use loose cotton underwear.
- Lastly if you are sexually active it is better to urinate.
- The tips we have given will not cure urinary tract infection.
This will help you complete your treatment or prevent infection. If you have symptoms of UTI, you can consult a doctor for treatment. Your doctor will recommend a urine test and give you antibiotics.
Top 10 home remedies for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection):
Now let us know about some remedies by using which you can treat UTI at home and also reduce the severity of UTI symptoms. This topic is for those who are afraid of taking antibiotics, so let's get started. Now you will know about 10 home remedies for UTI.
- Drink more water By drinking more water, the bacteria will be eliminated by taking out the large amount of urine.
- Increase the intake of vitamin C. Vitamin C will make the urine pH acidic and bacteria will not grow in acidic urine.
- Drink cranberry juice.
- Increase the intake of garlic.
- Use probiotics. These are live bacteria and yeast. Probiotics are available in supplement form. These are especially good for your digestive system. Yogurt is one of the best probiotics that works as an antibacterial agent.
- Not holding urine for a long time.
- Increase the intake of green tea.
- Use two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water on an empty stomach.
- Boil parsley in water and drink it.
- Soak cucumber pieces with a few slices of lemon in a glass of water overnight and drink it. These were about 10 home remedies for UTI.
Must Read -